Thursday, May 8, 2014

who let the genie


who let the genie
out of the kalash
on top of the golden dome?

The sun is starting to set as I come out of the golden dome after group meditation. Something makes me turn around and this is exactly what I see, a genie emerging from the kalash on top of the dome. No one else seems to notice it, so I take a photo as proof that I'm not just seeing things (no photoshop here). If it's a cloud, it's not in my Cloud Collector's Handbook, so I've added a new category to my list, genieus. Sounds a lot like genius, right? Well, the word genie actually does derive from genius, which originally meant a guardian spirit assigned to an individual at birth. Now we think of a genius as someone who is living their full potential, which is what we're aspiring to become as we meditate together for hours in the golden dome. So I'm wondering, whose genie is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment