Tuesday, July 22, 2014

blue and all blue


blue and all blue --
low lying spatula of hills,
curving ruffled wake

We're all reluctant to leave the magic of Salt Spring Island, but we have to get to Vancouver, so we line up at the ferry, four cars wide. I wander down to the water's edge. Under an arbutus tree, a couple patiently sits, reading while they wait to board with their bikes. Nice to see people still reading paper books!



On board, I roam around the boat, happily taking photos of seascapes, marine paraphernalia and people.









As we near the port, the Coastal Mountain Range rises like white-cap waves on the blue horizon.



The ferry that was behind us docks just before we do, so we get to watch vehicles disgorging while others wait to enter the twin parking decks.



When it's time to disembark, I can't find the car I came in. Walking up and down the rows of parked cars, starting to get a little panicked, until I remember that I got switched from the white car to the black car back on the island. So easy to get confused when you're traveling and things keep changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment