Wednesday, November 16, 2011

kundow books




kundow books and
collectables, all prices firm, 
no offers taken

Everything a collector could possibly want: from a Grant Wood's "American Gothic" poster, books by children's writer Enid Blyton, ceramic and metal teapots, crochet dolls, WW II trucks, to the kitchen sink. A handwritten sign lays out the ground rules: all prices firm, no offers taken. Browsing through the amazing collection, I find a pair of Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus salt and pepper shakers, which I buy for my sister and her husband who dress up as Mr. & Mrs. Claus every Christmas. It's going to be a challenge to get them back to Iowa (where Grant Wood painted "American Gothic") in my stuffed backpack, all that I brought on this New Zealand camping adventure, but I couldn't pass them up. A find is a find, especially if you find it halfway around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment