Thursday, June 12, 2014

from the corner of one eye


from the corner of one eye
watching the face painter paint
around her other eye

First Friday's Art Walk in June, people emerge like cicadas to swarm all over the town square, buzzing in a deafening chorus, ingesting juices, seeking mates, or at least company.


A girl gets a ride on a man's shoulders.


A gaggle of teenage girls drift towards a pod of teenage boys, check each other out, then drift apart.


Isn't anyone going to watch me hoola hoop?


A toddler dances to the music from the bandstand.


Where did my rubber duckies go?


No, he's not thirsty. That's just what pugs do, stick out their tongues and make snorting noises.


Oh dear, that selfie didn't turn out too good.


No, they're not chocolates. They're magic stones. Try one. See which one feels like it has the right vibes.


I'll stick to potato chips.


I'd rather have a toy airplane and a CD.


I can't remember where I put my glasses and my car keys.


The best fun of all when you're a little girl is climbing the big pine tree barefoot in a flowered dress with a long pink satin sash.


But for me, it's eating sushi and sashimi at Sushi Shokai with a friend.

1 comment: