Wednesday, June 25, 2014

golden landing pads


golden landing pads
beckon bumblebee to
blossom's inner sanctum

The drought last year killed so many things. My Japanese iris did not thrust a single blade above the parched ground. I was afraid even the roots had died. But this spring, with all the rain, the slender green swords appeared, then a few tightly furled buds. 
          This morning, I discover the first purple blossom, almost completely open, flashing white stripes and golden flares. Quickly I grab my camera. While the iris poses for her portrait, a bumblebee lands on one of the yellow landing pads and ducks into the nectar repository. Click! Bee and blossom are forever united in the virtual world of digital photography. 
          I am always amazed and delighted when I happen to be in the right place at the right time to witness the life that flows all around us all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment